Saturday, October 18, 2014

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - October 2014

Welcome again to my Algarve garden!

This year the autumn rain came early and temperatures dropped but not enough to stop the grass growing. As a result, my garden looks a bit out of control. 
edge of rose garden
The roses are straggly but in this end of the bed the colour combination pleases me. It wasn't something that I planned but I like it.

lavenders and red roses
At least one lavender needs cutting back.

bougainvillea
My bougainvillea is looking quite sad.

autumn rose
You can still find a rose bloom here...
white rose
... and here.

flowers along the wall
There are also some iceberg roses by the side wall over there.

I took the photos on the 16th because work and rain got in the way on Bloom Day. Today I cut the grass so now the garden looks a bit tidier. Next, I need to plant bulbs!

For more October blooms, visit May Dreams Gardens. You won't be disappointed!





6 comments:

  1. Mara, your garden is looking lovely and exuberant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mara, this is my second attempt to leave a comment. Just wanted to say how beautiful and exuberant your garden looks. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the colourful flowers. There's always so much work to do in the garden...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it might look out of control to you but it is sheer bliss to me as mine is done....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous flowers, Mara. And thank you so much for discovering me and deciding to follow my blog! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous flowers, Mara. And thank you so much for discovering me and deciding to follow my blog. [I must add though that blogspot is making it extremely difficult to post any remarks about your beautiful post! I hope this attempt goes through.]

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...