Monday, August 4, 2014

Botox with a sting

... About 5 hours later I looked in the mirror. There was no pain and the dark circle under my left eye had disappeared. Hmmm... interesting. This looked like I had had a botox jab and someone had forgotten to do both sides of my face. I decided against putting in my contacts and tried my glasses. Great! The lack of symmetry was hardly noticeable.

Five hours before, I had been training my dogs to stay close to my heels and had walked through the garden and under the orange tree. Suddenly, something was crawling over my face! I tried to brush it away, losing my hat in the process. The little beast got behind my glasses and I yelped in pain. Then it was all over and I realised I had been stung on my left eye-lid! I don't think it was a bee because there was no stinger left behind. I got an ice-cube on it and surveyed my face in the mirror. The pain was bad but fortunately I'm not allergic! There was some swelling and then a little numbness but no real harm done. On the plus side, I got to see what botox might do around my eyes.

6 comments:

  1. Ouch! That must have been painful Mara. As you say at least you got to experience what botox can do to improve your face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always a lot of bees around so I'm lucky I'm not allergic.

      Delete
  2. Ouch! Maybe it was a wasp, as they can withdraw their stinger afterwards. Love your sense of humour. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to keep smiling when damage is minimal.

      Delete
  3. Ouch, it is amazing what damage such a little bug can do, I hope you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...