Thursday, January 30, 2014

Flowers

Welcome! If you are visiting from the Grow Your Blog Party, you'll find my post HERE.

White Almond blossom
Jake suggested FLOWERS for our Sunday post and I thought "Almond blossom" for t'is the season here in the Algarve.
I took these photos today on the way between my school and home. The blossoms vary from white to almost shocking pink. The first photo is of the white blossom variety from the tree below.
Old almond tree in bloom

Nearby I found a tree of the almost shocking pink variety.
Pink almond tree

Pink almond blossom

Almond trees are nothing special most of the year but when they bloom they really liven up the winter landscape.

According to some, they also announce it's time to prune the roses!

For more posts on the FLOWERS theme, visit our host Jake.





11 comments:

  1. Hello Mara, beautiful photos. We do not have almond trees growing near us. All our spring time color comes from the fruit trees. Apple flowers are my favorite scent. Almond trees have beautiful blooms.
    Blessings to you, Bird

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty when in bloom. Had never seen the white variety, just the pink...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I live in region with very mild climate for Germany where plants grow that don't grow in most other regions (like almonds, figs, wine, chestnut) - but the almond trees won't be in flowers until may. There is a village where they have many almond trees and there is a festival each may when the trees show all their beauty.
    I think it is clever to use nature as an indicator for garden work, like here it is cutting the roses when the forsythia is in blossom...
    Have a nice weekend
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a heartbreaker, Mara! The blossom was just starting to appear as we returned home. I love it so! Glad I saw this post- I meant to tell you that we followed your advice and visited Guia and Algoz. Didn't manage the restaurant because we were too early! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sight to see almond blossoms right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos Mara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are beautiful. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mara for sharing , I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, photos of almond blossom, a reminder that spring is round the corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mara,

    What gorgeous blossoms! I can't wait for spring to arrive here. We still have 7" of snow on the ground and it was -4 this morning ... brrr. I enjoyed seeing your pretty trees.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blossoms. Our summer is coming to and end now.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...