Monday, December 2, 2013

It's looking a lot like Christmas...

Nativity scene 1
A traditional Nativity scene

It's December and it's looking a lot like Christmas. However, I can't stand the "buy, buy, buy" aspect of the season so I've decided to focus on Nativity scenes until the 25th. The first one reminds me of the ones my cousin used to lay out in a corner of my grandmother's living room, after an outing into the woods to gather moss.

Most or all of the photos will be from an exhibition I happened upon unexpectedly in January of this year. Many of the materials used to create these Nativity scenes are recycled, as you will see.



2 comments:

  1. Not sure I understand the figure in the foreground, I'm more used to seeing wise men & angels, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging by the sheep around that figure, I'd say he's the shepherd. The Portuguese usually add many figures to their Nativity scenes. To see what I mean, have a look at this post on my Portuguese blog:
      http://deafricaaoalgarve.blogspot.pt/2012/12/presepios.html

      Delete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...