Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Have you ever...

... reached the end of your annual summer holiday needing to recover from said holiday?

I think it is the first time it has happened to me. August was anything but relaxing.

I even went and did what some bloggers do: disappear without advance notice. 

Well, this blogger is back, starting the school year at a different school and having a hard time writing posts. I don't want negativity on my blog but, quite frankly, it's been a depressing summer, what with forest fires raging and firefighters getting killed,  thousands of state teachers losing their jobs and the country's financial situation looking as dismal as ever, it's hard to focus on the positive!

There, I had to write that.

Until my posting routine gets back to regular here is a photo taken from Pateo, Albufeira.
Sea view from Pateo, Albufeira

One thing nobody can complain about this summer is the weather - it has been great!





2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mara - It has been a sad summer of fires, that have even been talked about on Australian TV, where sadly hardly any news that happen outside of Oz is transmitted...
    Two of those firefighters were from Carregal do Sal, my parents birth place, and the town where I lived before moving to Australia.
    Hope the rest of the year goes better for you and you enjoy your new school.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...