Sunday, September 15, 2013

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - September 2013

Welcome back to my Algarve garden. We had rain yesterday morning for the first time in over two months, which means the grass is back to green and must be mowed soon. It's late summer and the days are shorter but the midday sun is still very hot. 

The end of August/beginning of September usually brings out the bella dona lilies and here they are:


Roses are still blooming.


The rose bed is looking a bit forlorn, which might have something to do with the fact that I removed the invasive chocolate mint and had to get a bit violent. (That'll teach me to keep mint in pots!)

This lavender is still attracting the wildlife.
 

More lavender!


The oleander and hibiscus are doing well.


Under this bush I keep the potted cuttings of whatever I'm trying to propagate at any given time. There's a lot going on there at the moment. You can just catch a glimpse of my new compost bin, too.

And last, but not least, my potato vine, yip, still in bloom.



Thank you to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for hosting Bloom Day on the 15th of every month.


5 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous garden...lucky you and also clever you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is looking wonderful and I especially love the bella dona lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I've seen your garden, Mara. It's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...