Thursday, April 4, 2013

Entrance


From the very elaborate...

Melgaço Spa building
Taking the waters at the Melgaço Spa - glass and wrought iron entrance

Arouca monastery gate
Arouca Monastery - elegant entrance to a courtyard

Alcobaça Monastery
Alcobaça Monastery - grand main entrance

 ... to the very simple...

Fort at Armação de Pera, Algarve
Entrance - archway to the fort at Armação de Pera, Algarve
Although I had made plans to take many photos at various locations during this year's Easter break, it rained and rained and then rained some more so my camera stayed in its case most of the time.

When I read Jake's suggestion of "Entrance" as the theme for the latest Sunday Post, I thought of all the entrances I would have loved to share with you but, alas, I don't have photos of most of them. Maybe next time..

Right now you can visit Jake's to find many other takes on the theme.



10 comments:

  1. sorry about the rain. I got a new camera but I haven't taken it outside yet because of the bad weather. I wish you blue skies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It finally stopped raining right at the end of the Easter break, at least in the south of the country.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful selections for the entrance, esp. the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't recollect seeing that part of Armacao, Mara! I've never much liked the place but maybe I should look harder. Next time! (nothing booked at the minute) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Armacao isn't anything special but it's looking better since they spent some money on the main road into the town as well as the beachfront area. This is the entrance to the small fort, near the fishermen's beach.

      Delete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...