It was inevitable as I have an addiction to sweet foods, and instead of controlling my cravings, I gave in to them.
I do have a few excuses:
- When in a different region of the country, you should always try the typical foods and cakes (for educational purposes, of course).
- When invited to meals by family or friends, it's impolite to refuse to eat anything they put in front of you. (My cousin is a really good cook and always has loads of puddings and other sweets ready for dessert.)
- A holiday is when you don't follow strict routines and timetables (so you can eat what you like, when you want).
- A summer without ice-cream isn't a good summer. (You agree, don't you?)
To make matters worse, I had a very tiring end-of-school-year and felt the need to do absolutely nothing for a few days. That included not going for regular walks. My excuse? I was tired and it was too hot!
How to resolve the problems of those extra kilos now? Get back into a healthy routine:
- Clear out the sugary foods from the house.
- Buy only healthy foods.
- Cook healthy meals.
- Always have a low-calorie, healthy alternative available for when the sugar cravings attack.
- Start going for regular walks (and spend less time on the laptop).
I still have 4 days before I go back to work (yay!) but I have already started working on those extra kilos.
Wish me luck!