Sunday, December 9, 2012

The concept of time

Here I am in a very untidy room, piles of unwelcome paperwork everywhere (yes, my profile does mention I hate paperwork) because it's end of term time and I have almost a hundred tests to finish correcting and grades to decide. Everything must be sorted and fed into the data base (something new we didn't have last year) before the end of the week!

There are simply not enough hours in the day and lately I have had to neglect anything that isn't urgent in favour of school work. I hate when that happens and swallows up my weekends! My poor dogs have not had a decent walk for ages and cannot count on mealtimes at the normal time anymore.

All this has made me consider, however fleetingly, our concept of time and whether dogs understand this concept the way we humans do.

Clerigos Tower clock

I found this interesting piece by Colline Cancio - Do dogs understand the concept of time?

This is my entry in response to Jake's theme for the Sunday post. I'm sure there are lots more interesting concepts in his comments' section.

That's all folks! 
Gotta get back to the job in hand (Grrrh)



6 comments:

  1. You poor thing. I hope it is all over soon and you can take a breath. interesting point you raise about dogs and time...very interesting indeed. i know Chevvy has a definite time clock where meal times are concerned. better than any alarm clock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great concept for this week theme Mara ,I really love it thanks for sharing my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your response to the challenge. Do admit that inspiration for this week has not arrived yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post, and a perfect picture.
    The piece by Cancio was very interesting, too.
    Thanks for putting this all together and sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know you are busy...just remember I am a pirate so there are NO RULES to follow...just awards to pilfer and enjoy !!!!!
    http://jobryantnz.wordpress.com/2012/12/13/tis-the-season/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, lovley people commenting.
    As soon as this work madness lets me breathe and I post an important long-overdue post on my Portuguese blog, I'll visit, read and reply to your comments.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...