Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas

I wish one and all a Very Happy Christmas!

Poinsettia

In my family we have a tradition - every year we buy something Christmassy to add to our collection, whether it be another flower for the flower arrangement, another Santa, another snowman or some more baubles for the tree (you get the drift). As a result I have ornaments that are over 40 years old and some that hardy ever see the light of Christmas day!

Nativity scene

This is a nativity scene I got for my first Christmas in the Algarve. I bought it at the "Feira da Serra" in Loulé, at an arts and crafts stall.

Nativity scene - Ferreiras

And here is a nativity scene set up this year in the middle of an Algarve roundabout.


These Santas drove past my house yesterday. They gave the reindeer a rest before the big day and tried some modern transportation instead! (None of these are part of my collection :-)

Biker Santas

Quad Santa

Biker Santa


This post is for Jake's  Sunday post challenge.

Grab a lift with one of those Santas and check out Jake's blog for Christmas posts from all over the world.







9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas post Mara, Merry Christmas my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adding to your Christmas collection adds wonderful memories too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Mara. Happiness for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. Same to you.
      2012 hasn't been happy for many people in Portugal. Let's hope 2013 is happier.

      Delete
  5. It was a great idea that Santa could take day off, because his job is busy all year round.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...