Sunday, November 11, 2012

Surroundings

A yard and/or a garden has been a part of my surroundings since I can remember...

Circa 1964...

A front and back yard, parents, chickens and rabbits then.


Circa 1998...

A much smaller front garden (and a vegetable garden at the back), all lovingly tended by my late mother...


Now...

A front garden, mostly tended by yours truly...



Surroundings is the theme for today's Sunday post. Visit our host Jake for links to many other posts on this theme.



10 comments:

  1. Great surroundings you have there Mara from past to present time ,Thanks for sharing my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely memories. I haven't had a yard in years and I do miss having one. I don't miss pulling weeds though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't imagine not having a garden/yard but not a fan of weeding, myself.

      Delete
  3. That's a great first photo. I love black and white photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very sweet! I love that the garden has been cared for by three generations of women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the second garden has been cared for by two generations of women in my family - my mum and me.

      Delete
  5. Fond memories for you and I love your dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fond memories of mom's potted plants on the patio, some jacarandas and poinsettias and a huge purple bouganvillea that shaded the enormous chicken enclosure at the back.

      My biggest dog looks great in this photo. She was on the lookout for passers-by to scare to death, which is why she cannot be left unsupervised in the front garden!

      Delete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...