Thursday, June 28, 2012

All the worse for wear

Paderne - close-up
This chimney will probably not be standing for much longer.

Paderne building in ruins
It's a miracle that it is still there when the rest of the house is in this state!

Paderne, again
Another chimney on a delapidated building.

Near the Alcantarilha/Armação de Pera train station
This one is in a better state than the building it is part of!

Algoz
This ugly, worn out chimney just couldn't take the heat. It's actually on a building that is not nearly as old as the others in this selection.

S.B. Messines, near the church
And last, but not least, this enormous chimney is simply feeling its age.




8 comments:

  1. Greetings from Africa, where I understand you grew up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And greetings from the Algarve to you. Thanks for dropping by. Please come again. I've just visited your blog. Love your sense of humour. Am following now. I grew up in Salisbury and as a child we had a cross Rhodesian ridgeback. Beautiful dog!

      Delete
  2. My sister was born in Salisbury (me, well, the folks had moved to SA by then). Thanks for popping onto my site - really appreciated. PS - how do I go about following your site from a wordpress blog - all this techno mumbo jumbo - getting me all confuddled here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah - the lightbulb just went off. As best I know, I am now following and looking forward to all your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog post, Mara! I have a surprise for you at my blog site (hint hint...it's an award!). Please visit and pick up your prize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you. Have visited and left a comment.

      Delete
  5. I love looking at old buildings and architecture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was 15 I wanted to be an architect. Hehe, then life turned upside down and that dream went out the window.
      Thank you for commenting.

      Delete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...