Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Zimbabwean flag, photo by Neelix, in Wikipedia

Yesterday I had a post ready to publish today.

But then Sky News reminded me that today Zimbabwe is 32 years old - on 18th April, 1980, Zimbabwe was born.

So I just had to reflect on aspects that I find incomprehensible.


Could someone explain how life for simple Zimbabweans has improved since 1980?

Could someone explain why 90% of the population is unemployed (according to Sky)?

Could someone explain why the farms appropriated from white farmers cannot produce the same quantity of crops they did before?

Could someone explain why Mugabe wants to redistribute farms, companies, etc. which are still in white/foreign hands?

Could someone explain why he doesn't begin by redistributing the wealth he has accumulated over the past 32 years?

Could someone explain why he is now calling a halt to the violence? 

What has he been doing for the last 32 years?


Happy Birthday, Zimbabwe!
May your future be all that your people really deserve!



3 comments:

  1. Many thanks for stopping by and giving me a 'Like' and for liking my blog enough to follow it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. As you can see, I've awarded myself your cute wobbly fish award, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated happy Birthday Zimbabw, to a once great country ruined by greed, corruption and broken promises.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...